Year 7 Scholarships – Gresham’s Prep School through to Gresham’s Senior School
Academic, Art, Music, Drama and Performing Arts and Sport Scholarships are available for entry into Year 7. These scholarships are available to children currently at Gresham’s Prep School and to children applying from other schools.
Academic Scholarships are worth up to 50% of the fees. Art, Drama and Performing Arts, Music and Sport Scholarships are worth up to 10% of the fees. All scholarships may be supplemented by a means tested bursary.
Assessment takes place in the January preceding entrance to Year 7. All candidates are assessed in Mathematics, English and Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning and take part in group activities. Those applying for an academic scholarship take additional Mathematics and English papers. Those applying for scholarships in Art, Drama and Performing Arts and Sport take part in relevant assessment activities. Candidates’ parents are requested to complete an application form which gives the opportunity to list the child’s achievements to date. The candidate’s current school will be contacted for a reference.
The deadline for scholarship applications for 2018 entry is Friday 1 December 2017.
For queries regarding Year 7 admissions, please contact Helen Dye, Headmaster’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01263 714600.
Terms and Conditions of Year 7 Scholarships
- Year 7 Scholarships are awarded for 7 years of a Gresham’s education; however, as a matter of course, scholarship winners must sit for the appropriate Gresham’s Senior School Scholarship in Year 8. A Senior School Scholarship may not be awarded but the financial commitment will remain.
- All award holders are expected to be conscientious and cooperative members of the school and to be leaders in the field for which they have been awarded a scholarship. Scholarships can be removed in the event of this not being the case.
- Financial awards are only given for one scholarship per child. Additional awards are honorary.
- If a Gresham’s Senior School Scholarship is won in any discipline its financial value replaces that of the Year 7 Scholarship.
- Scholarship winners who are children of staff members are awarded honorary scholarships.
- All financial matters concerning scholarships and bursaries are confidential to the school and the parents of the award winner.