Year 7 Scholarships – Gresham’s Prep School through to Gresham’s Senior School
Academic, Art, Music, Drama and Performing Arts and Sport Scholarships are available for entry into Year 7. These scholarships are available to children currently at Gresham’s Prep School and to children applying from other schools.
Academic Scholarships are worth up to 50% of the fees. Art, Drama and Performing Arts, Music and Sport Scholarships are worth up to 10% of the fees. All scholarships may be supplemented by a means tested bursary.
Assessment takes place in the January preceding entrance to Year 7. All candidates are assessed in Mathematics, English and Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning and take part in group activities. Those applying for an academic scholarship take additional Mathematics and English papers. Those applying for scholarships in Art, Drama and Performing Arts and Sport take part in relevant assessment activities. Candidates’ parents are requested to complete an application form which gives the opportunity to list the child’s achievements to date. The candidate’s current school will be contacted for a reference.
The deadline for Year 7 Scholarship applications for 2017 entry is now closed. Further details about Scholarship applications for 2018 will be published here once available.
For queries regarding Year 7 admissions, please contact Helen Dye, Headmaster’s PA at email@example.com or 01263 714600.
Scholarship Assessment dates:
Friday 20th and Saturday 21st January 2017.
Terms and Conditions of Year 7 Scholarships
- Year 7 Scholarships are awarded for 7 years of Gresham’s education; however as a matter of course, scholarship winners must sit for the appropriate Senior School Scholarship in Year 8 for entry to the Senior School in Year 9. If a Senior School Scholarship is not awarded, the Year 7 Scholarship must be confirmed at this stage. The Year 7 Scholarship must also be confirmed on entry to the Sixth Form.
- All award holders are expected to be conscientious and cooperative members of the school and to be leaders in the field for which they have been awarded a scholarship. Scholarships can be removed in the event of this not being the case.
- Only one scholarship entitling a reduction of fees can be awarded per candidate. A second or other awards have honorary status and do not entitle the candidate to a reduction in fees.
- If a Gresham’s Senior School Scholarship is won in any discipline its financial value replaces that of the Year 7 Scholarship.
- Scholarship winners who are children of staff members in receipt of a staff discount are awarded honorary scholarships.
- All financial matters concerning scholarships and bursaries are confidential to the school and the parents of the scholarship winner.