Careers talks cover a variety of interests for Year 12 pupils
14 June 2021
On Friday 11th June, all Year 12 pupils experienced a series of speaker talks. The learning outcome was to give all pupils the opportunity to find out about some of the pathway options post Sixth Form.
Mrs Osborne, Head of Careers, organised a variety of speakers to try and include everyone’s interests but it was also an opportunity for pupils to find out more about different pathways. There were talks from:
- Bath University, Mike Nicolson, Director of Undergraduate Admissions – How to Choose your Degree course & University; Personal Statements – Securing 5 offers
- Mayflower Education, Steve Fenoglio – Studying in the USA
- Route to Becoming an Engineer with Rob Panter – Canham Consulting
- York University – University Study in the UK for International students
- University of East Anglia – Student Finance and Accommodation
- Army – Officer Entry – Sandhurst – Army Careers Liaision Officer, Faye Coleridge
- Apprenticeship levels and how to source – Norfolk County Council / OG Jack Small AAT Apprentice Larking Gowen
- Studying at University in Cape Town – OG Ben Dugdale
- Art School / Creative Arts Studies – Norwich University of the Arts – Thomas Rollett
It was an excellent event, with a superb array of speakers. A technical glitch meant that OG speaker, Zara Raslan, was unable to talk about her Degree Apprenticeship in investment with JP Morgan, but Mrs Osborne will be rescheduling Zara’s talk for the next academic year.
If you would like further information on any of the above, or advice relating to work experience, apprenticeships, degree apprenticeships, gap years and ‘gappie’ programmes, please contact Mrs Osborne at [email protected]