Tom Burnett became the 12th Housemaster of Farfield in 2021. Formally Assistant Housemaster of Farfield and Head of Physical Education at Gresham’s, he is joined by his wife, Suzie and his two children, Bertie and Ottilie who both attend the Pre-Prep School.
Tom and Suzie both lived and taught in Oxfordshire until moving to Gresham’s in 2018. Tom continues to teach PE and is a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and Suzie teaches part time at the Pre-Prep School.
Farfield was the third House to be built at Gresham’s in 1911, located a small distance away from the centre of the school. It was opened in 1911 as part of a surge of renewal and expansion at Gresham’s led by George Howson and the first Housemaster, Major JC Miller. Boys were relocated there from a smaller house called Bengal Lodge.
Farfield is a spacious boys boarding house, with a large and homely common room which plays host to the annual Farfield Entertains show. It also boasts a beautiful front lawn, a small woodland area and a wild garden and is within touching distance of the Farfield Field for football, cricket and other outdoor games.
Families who are considering Gresham’s for their son are most welcome to visit our House.
You can follow us on Instagram.
Farfield House Guide
Tom is supported by his Assistant Housemaster, Mr James Beales who is Head of Agriculture and the Equestrian Programme and by his Resident Tutor, Mr George King who is the lead Strength and Conditioning coach at Gresham’s. They welcome two new Matron’s to the House in September 2021; Mrs Giselle Lain and Mrs Lorraine Batten.
Visiting House staff:
- Mr Freddie Grounds, Mr David Saker, Mr Stephen Lowe, Mr Mitch Kemp, Mr Rob Hazlewood, Mr Charlie Mack and Mrs Katrina Mousley all undertake a prep or evening duty during the week and are all academic tutors.
- Wendy, Mandy, Bridget and Lisa are the wonderful House cleaning staff.
House appointments 2021-22:
- Head of House: Bobby Rash
- Assistant Head of House: Nureyn Mwang’ombe
- House Prefects: Muzi Ndela (School Prefect), Callum Richardson (Head of School), Ben Harvey-Samuel, Archie Kenyon, Rocco Lum, Dally Armstrong (School Prefect), Joe Nash (School Prefect), Thomas Duinhoven, Harry Short and Tom Towler.