Dominic Atkinson became the 11th Housemaster of Farfield in 2013. He is married to Sarah and they have two children, Jemima (8) and Imogen (7) who both attend the Prep School. Dominic and Sarah lived and worked in London until moving to Gresham’s in 2009.
Dominic is also the Assistant Head Co-Curricular, Master in Charge of Cricket and teaches Geography. Sarah is the School Physiotherapist. The Atkinson’s have three dogs; Dennis, a chocolate lab; Milly, a black lab puppy and Tilly, a Westie.
Farfield was the third House to be built at Gresham’s in 1911, located a small distance away from the centre of the school. It was opened in 1911 as part of a surge of renewal and expansion at Gresham’s led by George Howson and the first Housemaster (Major JC Miller). Boys were transferred there from a smaller house called Bengal Lodge. The House has undergone a major redevelopment and refurbishment in the last few years. The House has excellent facilities as well as the Farfield field for football and other outdoor games. The old Dining Hall is the Common Room and is largely used for watching television and relaxing. An Entertainment show, Farfield Entertains, is held every year featuring music, sketches and drama playing to packed audiences in the Common Room. The symbol of Farfield is an owl. We strive for a welcoming, family orientated and relaxing House that the boys see as a Home from Home and somewhere which they look back at proudly and fondly when they leave School. When they leave they can carve their name on the front steps; we have names dating back over 50 years now!
There are approximately 70 boys (day and boarding) in Farfield and we would love an opportunity to welcome and show you around.
- Mr David Saker is the Assistant Housemaster and a Year 9 tutor. David is Head of Physics and in charge of cross country and sailing.
- Mrs Emma Brigham is our House Matron who has worked previously at the British Ski Academy in Chamonix.
Visiting House Staff:
- Mr Freddie Grounds, Mr Stephen Lowe, Mr Mitch Kemp, Mr Rob Hazlewood, Mr Charlie Mack, Mr Tom Burnett and Mr Ed Coleman all undertake a prep or evening duty during the week and are all academic tutors.
- Wendy, Bridget and Lisa are the wonderful House cleaning ladies.
House appointments 2018-19:
- Head of House: Jack Stewart-Richardson
- Deputy Head of House: Aaron Hollinger
- School Prefect: Ash Faire-Ring
- House Prefects: Will Shaw, Declan Oldreive, Asher Shalom, Sam Field, Sam Phelps, Wilf Short.