Dominic Atkinson became the 11th Housemaster of Farfield in 2013. He is married to Sarah and they have two children, Jemima (7) who attends the Prep School and Imogen (6) who attends the Pre-Prep. Dominic and Sarah lived and worked in London until moving to Gresham’s in 2009.
Dominic is also the Master in Charge of Cricket and teaches Geography. Sarah is the School Physiotherapist. The Atkinson’s have two dogs, Dennis and Tilly.
Farfield was the third House to be built at Gresham’s in 1911, located a small distance away from the centre of the school, hence the name. It was opened in 1911 as part of a surge of renewal and expansion at Gresham’s led by George Howson and the first Housemaster (Major JC Miller). Boys were transferred there from a smaller house called Bengal Lodge.
The House has undergone a mass redevelopment and refurbishment in the last couple of years. The House has excellent facilities as well as the Farfield Field for football and other outdoor games. The old Dining Hall is now the Common Room and is largely used for watching television and relaxing. An Entertainment show, Farfield Entertains, is held every year featuring music, sketches and drama playing to packed audiences in the Common Room. The symbol of Farfield is an owl.
There are approximately 70 boys (day and boarding) in Farfield and we would love an opportunity to welcome and show you around.
• Mr David Saker is the Resident House Tutor and Year 9 tutor. David is Head of Physics and in charge of cross country and sailing.
• Mrs Emma Brigham is our House Matron who has worked previously at the British Ski Academy in Chamonix.
Visiting House Staff:
• Mr Freddie Grounds, Master-in-Charge of Shooting, Visiting Evening Tutor and CCF officer.
• Mr Stephen Lowe, Mathematics teacher, Visiting Evening Tutor, Year 11 Tutor, coaches U16A rugby, girls tennis and trampolining.
• Mr Mitch Kemp, Mr Jonathan Lewis, Mr Charlie Mack, Mrs Laura Nicol, Mr Matthew Peacock and Mr Ed Coleman all undertake a prep duty during the week and are all academic tutors.
• Wendy, Charlotte, Bridget and Lisa are the wonderful House cleaning ladies.
House appointments 2017-18:
- Head of House: Charles Hickman
- Deputy Head of House: Kieran Peters and Archie Hoo
- House Prefects: Will Retter, George Ward, Bryan Lee, Joachim Green, James Westmore and Georgy Bezarashvili