Olivia Ravilious is the current Housemistress of Oakeley House. Olivia lives in Oakeley with her husband Rob, along with their son, William and their daughter Madison.
Olivia is passionate about healthy eating and enjoys trying out new healthy recipes on the girls in Oakeley as well as talking about anything to do with nutrition. She loves most types of exercise, but gains most enjoyment from Hiit and weight training, Pilates, Swimming, and Taekwondo. As a family they love travelling and exploring new places and have a very long wish list of places they want to visit. They prefer to be outdoors walking or cycling together, but do enjoy cosy nights in with a movie and pizza and maybe even ice cream! When she is not in the House she can be found teaching English, PSHE and Pilates.
Oakeley House, the oldest of the girl’s houses, is named after Dick Bagnall-Oakeley, Old Greshamian (OG), Geography teacher at Gresham’s (1933-’68), and radio and TV presenter of Natural History programmes.
Originally built in 1903, situated on the south side of the Cromer Road, the ‘House’ was the School Sanatorium until the mid-late 30’s when what is now Queens’ House was built for the role. It then became staff accommodation until about 1972 when girls started to join Gresham’s in small but steadily growing numbers.
The ‘new’ East Wing at the Library end, was built in 1977/’78, and the girls’ house accommodating 50, was finally established. When numbers in Oakeley reached 100 a second girl’s house (Edinburgh) was opened.
In 1988 an extension was built to accommodate junior boarders and the cottages were given a major overhaul in 1994 to provide more senior boarding accommodation.
The central part of Oakeley has been completely rebuilt. The new central block was started in the old garden and the East and West wings were renovated in July 2016 and the original house at the centre was demolished in July 2017.
Oakeley OG and Academy Award winning actress Olivia Colman came to officially open the new Oakeley House in February 2018.
You can now follow Oakeley House on Facebook.
- Mrs C Greenfield is Assistant Housemistress and Head of Mandarin.
- The House Matron is Mrs Denise Bunkell. She has been the full time residential matron of Oakeley since 2001 and has the Professional Practice Certificate in Boarding Welfare and Pastoral Care. She is responsible for a wide range of pastoral and practical issues and as a parent of two boys who were at the School as boarders in Woodlands, she has experience of the School from both sides of the fence.
Visiting and Academic Tutors:
- Mrs Julie Flower – Director of Pastoral Care
- Miss Fi Gathercole – Assistant Head Co-curricular – Biology teacher
- Ms Bridget O’Brien, Director of Drama
- Mrs Katrina Robinson – Teacher of ESL
- Mrs Stephanie Gates – Head of Learning Support
- Ms Kaz Higashi – Teacher of Business Studies
- Miss Sophie King, Teacher of Geography
- Miss Anne Unterheiner, Assistant Librarian and French Assistant
- Mr Darren Latchford, Teacher of English
Head of House – Ella Gill
Deputy Head of House – Molly Halimeh
House Prefects – Bella Rathleff, Beth Dunk, Camilla Morgan Evans, Greta Jacobsen, Lille Von Gemmingen