Jamie Sharrock joined Gresham’s as Woodlands housemaster in September 2019. He is married to Camilla who will also become Head of English. They have a young son, George (1) and a friendly Golden Retriever called Mylo. Jamie and Camilla are relocating to Holt having taught in Berkshire and the East Midlands.
Jamie studied at the University of Bath and completed his PGCE at the University of Buckingham. He teaches Physical Education and Geography and will coach Rugby, Hockey and Cricket. He is passionate about pastoral care and is a trained Mental Health First Aider and holds a Level 2 Counselling Skills Qualification. Jamie is an avid sportsman and still enjoys a round of golf and a game of cricket. He grew up in Hong Kong and loves to travel.
Camilla completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Leeds before completing her Master’s degree in Shakespeare at the University of London. She also holds a Certificate in Boarding from the Boarding Schools Association (BSA) and has four years’ experience of being an Assistant Housemistress. Camilla enjoys sport, especially Pilates and yoga. She also loves going out for family walks with Jamie, George and Mylo.
Woodlands is a beautiful Victorian house situated on the Cromer Road. In 1905, after Woodlands had been enlarged and converted for school use, forty boys moved in under J.R. Eccles as housemaster. The house has always been known for its fantastic community spirit.
Woodlands has recently benefited from a major refurbishment of studies and bedrooms. It offers dormitory accommodation for Year 9 and Year 10 boarders and individual rooms for Year 11 and Sixth Form boarders. Day boys also have a room, sometimes shared. The House has three grass tennis courts, a football pitch, a games room, a computer room, TV and full WiFi coverage.
- The Assistant Housemaster is Mr Ryan West. He is resident in the House and is available to help boys with their studies and for pastoral care. He is Head of Japanese, teaches both Japanese and Mathematics and coaches badminton. He is a Year 9 academic tutor in Woodlands.
- The House Matron is Mrs Tracey Cameron. She has a flat in the House and is responsible for a wide range of pastoral and practical issues.
Academic Tutors in Woodlands
- Mr A Gray – Director of Art, Design & Technology
- Mr J Bowley – Director of Music
- Mr S Brown – Head of Geography
- Mr M Gillingwater – Biology and Chemistry
- Mr T Hipperson – Deputy Head (Academic)
- Mr T Philpott – Head of Biology
- Mr A Richardson – Mathematics
- Mr J Myers – Music Technology
House Appointments 2018-19
Head of House and School Prefect
Deputy Head of House
Daniel Adams and Matthew Mason