Dominic Atkinson became the 11th Housemaster of Farfield in 2013. He is married to Sarah and they have two children, Jemima (6) and Imogen (5) who attend the Pre-Prep. Dominic and Sarah lived and worked in London until moving to Gresham’s in 2009.
Dominic also coaches the U15 cricket team and Sarah is the School Physiotherapist. The Atkinson’s have two dogs, Dennis and Tilly.
Farfield was the third House to be built at Gresham’s in 1911, located a small distance away from the centre of the school, hence the name. It was opened in 1911, as part of a surge of renewal and expansion at Gresham’s led by George Howson, and the first Housemaster (Major JC Miller) and boys were transferred there from a smaller house called Bengal Lodge. The House has undergone a mass redevelopment and refurbishment in the last 2 years. The House has excellent facilities as well as the Farfield Field for football and other outdoor games. The old Dining Hall now the Common Room is largely used for watching television and relaxing. An Entertainment show, Farfield Entertains, is held every year featuring music, sketches and drama playing to packed audiences in the Common Room. The symbol of Farfield is an owl.
There are approximately 70 boys (day and boarding) in Farfield and we would love an opportunity to welcome and show you around.
• David Saker is the Resident House Tutor and Year 9 tutor. David is Head of Physics and in charge of cross country and sailing.
• Emma Brigham is our new House Matron who has worked previously at the British Ski Academy in Chamonix.
Visiting House Staff:
• Freddie Grounds, Master-in-Charge of Shooting, Visiting Evening Tutor and CCF officer.
• Stephen Lowe, Mathematics teacher, Visiting Evening Tutor, Year 11 Tutor, coaches U15A rugby, girls tennis and trampolining.
• Charlie Mack and Chris Nichols undertake a prep duty during the week.
• Wendy, Charlotte, Bridget and Lisa are the wonderful House cleaning ladies.
House appointments 2015-16:
• Head of House: Jacob Jaggard.
• Deputy Head of House: Seamus Doran and George Jefford.
• House Prefects: Harry Butcher, Tatenda Chiradza, Bjorn Kreisel.