The Charity Committee have been hard at work over Michaelmas Term
14 December 2022
Here at Gresham’s we know that we live in difficult economic times, and that this Christmas may be a hard time for many people. All three Gresham’s Schools have been working closely with local organisations again this half term to do what we can to help the most vulnerable. These projects have included:
- Raising over £6000 for the Holt Youth Project who work with so many families in need in our local area.
- Raising over £400 for The Buckingham Emergency Food Appeal which provides food to numerous local charities over the Christmas period.
- Continued financial support for the Holt Community Fund which will help those who need support with their energy bills this winter.
- Distributing a large number of ‘Secret Santa’ Christmas gifts to local young people via The Benjamin Foundation and Holt Youth Project.
- Donating 70 Christmas selection boxes to the Holt Community Fridge at the Treehouse.
- Distributing left over food from our school kitchens to the local community.
- Raising £300 from our Christmas Jumper Day to go towards Nelson’s Journey, which provides support for children and young people in Norfolk who’ve experienced the death of a significant person.