Olivia Ravilious is the Housemistress of Oakeley House and lives in Oakeley with her husband Rob, along with their son, William and their daughter Madison.
Olivia enjoys encouraging the girls to have a balanced healthy lifestyle. She loves travelling with her family and exploring new places and has a very long wish list of places they want to visit. As a family, they prefer to be outdoors walking or cycling together, but do enjoy cosy nights in with a movie and pizza and maybe even ice cream! When she is not in the House, Olivia can be found teaching English, PSHE, Pilates and Fitness.
Oakeley House is named after Dick Bagnall-Oakeley who was a Geography teacher at Gresham’s and went on to be a nature/wildlife presenter on the BBC. It was the first girls’ boarding house in 1977 and before that it was the school sanatorium. However, it is now considered the newest girls house having been rebuilt only 4 years ago. Oakeley has some wonderful accommodation; year 9 girls share study bedrooms, accommodating two to four people. Lower Sixth girls share ensuite bedrooms and Upper Sixth girls enjoy single ensuite rooms.
Oakeley is a wonderful house filled with girls who strive to be the best they can and are not afraid to be different or try something new. Our aim is for girls to feel supported and find Oakeley to be a place where they can come and relax and be themselves. We want Oakeley girls to push their limits and find new and exciting skills, talents or hobbies and to share their successes with the rest of the House. We are keen for Oakeley girls to support each other in matches, debates, concerts, plays etc. so that we know we are there for each other in our successes, but perhaps more importantly that we will be there when they are feeling low. Achieving a balance between work and play is important and we encourage girls to take part in socials, trips as well as mindful activities in House such as Pilates and meditation.
You can now follow Oakeley House on Facebook and Instagram.
Oakeley House Guide
- Mr Dan Majid is Assistant Housemaster and Head of Adventure and a Geography teacher.
- Miss Samara Nche is the Resident House Tutor and is one of Gresham’s strength and conditioning coaches.
- The House Matrons are Jillian Trela and Alison Goodfellow They are responsible for a wide range of pastoral and practical issues from medical needs to helping with your daughter’s washing.
Visiting and Academic Tutors
- Mrs Julie Flower – Director of Pastoral Care
- Miss Fi Gathercole – Assistant Head Co-curricular – Biology teacher
- Ms Bridget O’Brien – Director of Drama
- Mrs Stephanie Gates – Head of Learning Support
- Ms Kaz Higashi – Teacher of Business Studies
- Miss Sophie King – Teacher of Geography
- Ms Clare Hayes – Head of German
- Mrs Lisa Stringer – Teacher of IT
House Appointments 2021-22
- Head of House – Alice Arden-Norris
- Deputy Head of House – Julia Mercado
- House Prefects – Flo O’Leary, Roja Minks, Katy Leigh, Jasmin Taylor-Riches, Perdy Sheppard and Ruby Vaughan-Jones.