How to apply
There are six key entry points to Gresham’s:
Nursery, Reception, Year 3, Year 7, Year 9 and Sixth Form.
It is usually possible to admit pupils into other year groups and it is always worth contacting the school to check if a place is available.
Nursery and Pre-Prep – Applying for a place in Nursery and Reception
Children can join the Nursery and Pre-Prep in the Autumn and Lent terms following their second birthday subject to places being available. Full and part-time provision is available in the Nursery. Parents wishing to apply for a place should complete the relevant registration form and return it to the address at the bottom of the form with a £170 registration fee.
Prep – Applying for a place in Year 3 to Year 7
We strongly encourage parents to come for an individual visit before they apply for a place for their child. It is also often a good idea for children to have a taster day with us at this stage. Please ring Helen Dye on 01263 714600 to arrange a visit or taster day. Once you have visited, it is recommended that you register your child and return the registration form with the £170 registration fee. Assessment days for September 2021 entry will be held on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 January 2021. Application for places after this is possible depending on available space within the relevant year group.
Senior – Applying for a place in Year 9 and Sixth Form
Parents wishing to apply are encouraged to come and visit the school to discuss their child’s application.
For Year 9 entry in September 2022 the admissions process is as follows:
- Candidates must be registered with the school by Friday 12th November 2021. Registration Forms are available upon request from Admissions. A non-refundable Registration Fee of £170 is payable to register.
- On Wednesday 19th January 2022 candidates will attend an Assessment Morning. Further information is available on our Assessment page.
- Year 9 offers will be made in February 2022. To confirm acceptance of a place parents will be asked to pay a refundable Acceptance Deposit of £1000 (non UK/EU entrants must pay an Additional Deposit equal to a term’s fees) and sign an Acceptance Form.
- Late entrants should contact Admissions to find out if spaces are available in Year 9.
For Sixth Form entry in September 2022 the admissions process is as follows:
- Candidates must be registered with the school. Registrations should be received by Friday 15th October 2021. Registration Forms are available upon request from Admissions. A non-refundable Registration Fee of £170 is payable to register.
- Candidates will be invited to attend an informal interview with the Headmaster, Mr Douglas Robb, and a confidential reference will be sought from the candidate’s current head teacher. For more information about assessment for Sixth Form, please click here
- Sixth Form offers will be made on or after 26th November 2021. Parents will be asked to confirm their acceptance by paying a refundable Acceptance Deposit of £1000 (non-UK/EU entrants must pay an Additional Deposit equal to one term’s fees) and signing an Acceptance Form.
- Following the release of GCSE results in August 2022, the school will confirm final acceptance, subject to satisfactory grades.
- Late entrants should contact Admissions to find out if spaces are available in Sixth Form.
For candidates applying from overseas, or for Year 10 and 11 entry please contact Admissions for further information.
To contact Admissions please call 01263 714614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.