Year 6 pupils created some fantastic displays for the annual Science Fair
26 June 2023
On Thursday 22nd June, the Prep School hall came to life with the annual Year 6 Science Fair.
Over the previous weeks, the children worked in teams and conducted science investigations of their own choosing. They then created displays of their findings.
As always, there was a fantastic array of interesting questions, such as:
- What is the most effective ingredients in sun cream?
- How does the pH of different types of milk vary?
- Does the brand of food affect our perception of taste?
- What is the best drink to have after eating chilli?
- Does listening to music affect our reaction times?
- Do different paints alter the burning time of wood?
To name but a few!
Well done to everyone who took part and congratulations to the overall winners.
1st Place Overall: Boombastic (Nathaniel, Norah and Oli) Which fizzy drinks react with mentos the most?
2nd Place Overall: Beat Biologists (Erik, Millie and Charlotte) How does music affect your heart rate?
3rd Place Overall: Sweet Energy (Hetty, Paddy and Lulu) How does sugar affect your ability to exercise?